USING COGNITIVE BEHAVIOURAL APPROACHES IN COACHING
Advanced Learning for Master Practitioners
Do you want to become more eﬀective in helping your coaching clients to reach their goals? Help take your client’s performance to the next level by using scientifically validated Cognitive Behavioral techniques to develop specific areas of emotional intelligence. Cognitive Behavioural Coaching (CBC) is a highly effective, goal-based method based on scientifically validated psychological models. CBC helps clients target and modify unhelpful thinking styles while promoting cognitive strategies aimed for success. The flexible and solutions- oriented nature of CBC makes it extremely eﬀective in developing emotional intelligence across a large variety of coaching environments and individual clients.
In this 4-hour, live online workshop you will:
- Receive training from a Clinical Psychologist (PhD) who specializes in using CB techniques in both clinical and coaching environments.
- Become familiar with the CBC model so that you can tailor techniques to your individual clients.
- Get hands on training in the application and execution of CB techniques.
- Learn how to promote the application of CB strategies between sessions.
- Optimize the use of CB techniques to produce long-lasting change.
- Address challenges that may come up when using CBC techniques.
2.5 CEU's, 1.5 RDU's
How It Works
- 4-Hour Online Live Learning Session
- Full 2-Way Video Conferencing
- Downloadable Resources
- Best Practice Tools and Checklists
- 30-day Follow Up Support by email
What You'll Get
- ‘Introduction to the CBC model’ handouts for coaches and clients
- Reference sheets for how to identify automatic thoughts
- Reference sheets for how to tackle negative automatic thoughts
- Customizable thought monitoring templates for clients
- Customizable CBC goal development templates
Using Cognitive Behavioural Approaches in Coaching – March 14th, 2019
March 14th, 9am CST to 1pm CST
Online, instructor-led, attend from anywhere.
Click HERE for more information on the other programs in our MasterClass series.
Additional Course Dates
About Your Instructor
Dr. Maya Libben is a Registered Psychologist who specializes in the teaching and application of cognitive behavioral techniques. She has over a decade of experience as a cognitive behavioral therapist, instructor and researcher. Recently, she has used her knowledge of psychological practices to develop specialized coaching workshops that provide focused training in the use of cognitive behavioral techniques. She works with coaches to help integrate cognitive behavioral methods that have been scientifically validated to promote long-lasting growth and development in clients.
Maya is an Assistant Professor in the department of Psychology at the University of British Columbia – Okanagan. She received her PhD in Clinical Psychology from McGill University and completed her post-doctoral training at Harvard Medical School.
Maya combines her passion for teaching with real-world applications and a strong research foundation. She maintains an ongoing private practice that focuses on the use of cognitive behavioral methods with individual clients. Furthermore, she is an active researcher and has published a number of peer-reviewed journal articles and book chapters within the field of psychology. She is currently co-leading a project with the Doerr Institute for New Leaders at Rice University investigating the benefits of cognitive behavioral coaching in leadership development.