It has been said that great leaders have great emotional intelligence. But exactly what IS emotional intelligence, and can it be developed or improved? Join Drew Bird, EQ Master Trainer, author of The Leader’s Guide to Emotional Intelligence, and one of north America’s leading emotional intelligence practitioners to learn how YOU can understand and apply your emotional intelligence to create better results for you, your team, and your organization.
October 6th & 7th, 2020 - 9am - 1pm CST
$399 (for a Limited Time)
What You'll Learn
- Key concepts of emotional intelligence that are directly related to leadership.
- A language of emotional intelligence that can support development and understanding.
- How over-demonstrations of emotional intelligence can have negative impacts.
- The important of balance in emotional intelligence.
- How specific areas of emotional intelligence can support primary leadership responsibilities.
- Specific elements of emotional intelligence that can ‘derail’ leadership behaviours.
- Situational factors that can affect our demonstrated emotional intelligence.
Master The Fundamentals
- Understand your strengths and opportunities for growth.
- Learn how to develop your EQ.
- ‘See’ demonstrations of emotional intelligence in yourself and others.
- Discretionarily reduce your demonstrated EQ depending on the situation.
- Create and apply a simple process for developing your EQ.
Your Unique EQ Profile
Each participant receives their own, unique EQ-i Leadership report ($145 value).
- Your total emotional intelligence quotient score.
- Your score for each of the 3 composites, and 15 subscales in the EQ-i Model
- Balanced interactions between subscales of the EQ-i model.
- How your scores relate to 4 key areas of leadership potential.
- How your scores related to 4 specific leadership derailers.
- Leadership impacts, and strategies for action for each of the 15 subscales.
- Information on the ‘state’ concept of emotional well-being.
About Your Instructor
Drew is an established leadership and organization development practitioner with more than 15 years of experience coaching leaders, developing programs, and creating solutions that generate results. His broad exposure to organizations in a variety of sectors has allowed him to witness first-hand the difference that effective leaders, and effective leadership practices, can have on an organization and the people within it.
He is a Premier Partner and an approved Certifying Trainer for the EQ-i and EQ360 instruments by Multi-Health Systems (MHS), as well as the Risk Type Compass and the Hardiness Resilience Gauge. In addition, he holds certifications as an Achieve Global Master Trainer, is a qualified MBTI practitioner, and is certified in the Hogan HDS, HPI, and MVPI instruments.
Drew holds an MSc in Organizational Psychology from the University of London, England, and an MA in Leadership from Royal Roads University in Victoria, Canada. He is a member of the Canadian Psychological Society (CPA) and the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP).
Drew is passionate about personal and organizational development, and believes that everyone deserves to have fulfilling, meaningful work experiences, and that leadership is a privilege that comes with both opportunities and responsibilities.